Tuesday 1 November 2016

Let's Get It Right From Our Home Before Going To Other HOMES

As an animator in an Inclusive Neigbhorhood Spaces for Children (VSO), I have become exposed with these children asking frequent questions on how to be a better individual for themselves as well as their community.

Most times I find myself suggesting to them what would help them reach  their goals and that consistency is the key to productivity,  but then after each space meeting I find myself reflecting on what I have said, how I have said it and if they understood me and most surprising I ask myself if am following this line of thought I just laid down for them.

The truth is that,  I don't follow all but I now learn from each thing I said to them and put them to practice.

With time I discovered that keeping myself in order is essential for these children to better understand what am talking about,  no wonder it is said that "charity begins at home" .

Talk is really cheap - action is overall expensive but possible .

That's why as Nigerians we need to put ourselves,  family in order before pointing to another.

We can't and shouldn't expect perfection from others when we aren't .

When our homes are in order and ready for new ideas and of course ready to be patient and strong throughout the process - we will get that Nigeria we want.


5 comments:

  1. We really need to make things right in this country, and starting from ourselves is the first step

    ReplyDelete
  2. People might not agree that buhari administration have being able to bring to our notice and conscience the importance of taking responsibility for our actions. and facing the consequence

    ReplyDelete