Sunday 23 October 2016

INSIDE DANFO


Up till now I don't know why these yellow buses are called "Danfo" but I can tell you a thing or two that go on inside Danfo bus.

It is a blessing to understand people - No! actually is a gift, but if you are very observant about your surroundings and what goes on  in it, you will be marveled at what you can learn from every incident or opportunity as I tend to call them.

I have taken a lot of these buses that I have lost count of how many but never the incident I witness each time. They are renewed everyday like the bright morning sun.

Just yesterday, on my way to Ikorodu garage from gberigbe I sat on the second seat just after a woman and her daughter, whom she was lapping. I was busy chatting, but I can sense this restlessness from this woman, as she continued to drag her feet and move her body.

Ah! mummy couldn't take it anymore oh, and the next thing I heard was "kpaa".... I shouted JESUS NWOKE OMA, OGINI KWA!!!

This woman gave her daughter a resounding calculated slap and told her (using yoruba accent) "Ah! Tomi, you are wicked!  - I have been carrying you since from our junction and you didn't even want to shake your body small" I be wood? Ah! Tomi you are just like your father but I will kill you before you kill me.... and she went on and on.

The girl was as surprised as the whole passengers in the bus and  in her responds to the slap, she dropped the mother's bag she was carrying, which even made the woman abuse her the more.

Two of the passengers immediately started abusing the woman for her actions, and then bought market for themselves as the woman faced them and gave each a plate full of insults.

As the argument continued, I remembered that I have my earpiece with me, Ah! God bless whoever made earpiece ooh, because I immediately started listening to music.

Luckily enough the shouting reduced when the conductor started collecting his money and I thanked God, not knowing that season 2 will kick off immediately.

The man at the back of the bus gave the conductor 1000 naira, like a reflex  action, the conductor said 'were ni o, by this time of the day you dey bring this kind money, Oga! na where your madness stop na there my own start oh.

Everybody laughed because it was too early to bring that amount but then money na money, the man no go trek because say he no get change now.

So the man didn't answer him but just kept his money with him, as the journey continued the conductor kept on asking the man to give him his money to avoid wahala o but the man did not answer him

The conductor asked him again but this time, told the man that they will kill themselves here oo. The man just said that there is no problem, shebi na die matter say he go die today and if he no kill am - say him be bastard. In short say he is not paying again, Ah! omo, they went on and on abusing each other as if they knew each other from compound probably this face me I face you yard o.

I was just praying "God will I just reach where I am going today", when I was almost close to my junction I wanted to stop and trek the remaining but they refused to even stop.

When I was telling a friend my ordeal, he couldn't stop laughing and later said that is too much "SK" that they take everyday that is affecting them.

The experiences are numerous and I pray I don't enter the one that will catch fire one day.


#Lagosnawaoo

#innigeriabyanigerian







7 comments:

  1. hehehehheheheh! I talk am say this guy you dey crazy ooo. so you even get time to dey note people wahala. na normal thing for lag o

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahhahahhaahahha. but seriously that woman own too much ooooo. lol. she for pay for the daughter to sit on a different seat instead of complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol... thank you Ebube. I just say it the way it is

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehheeehhee. I thought is only me. Hahaha has. I can't stop laughing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahhahahhahahhahah... Ogini di

    ReplyDelete